Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Surgery Day 3/14

-Chose the quad tendon autograft as my new ACL choice.

-Surgery was at 10am so arrived around 8:30 to get prepped.

-The nerves and anxious feeling was exactly the feeling I usually get before an ultra race. Not sure how things will play out or what you will feel like afterwards. I also get very mean, I suppose you could say with this feeling, and it was definitely apparent this morning! Made fun of the anesnteiologist for him getting nervous just skiing down a blue run, laughed when I found out one of the nurses purposefully matched their shoes with their scrubs, and answered 'no' very sarcastically when asked if I considered myself an athlete. Ha yikes. 🙈

-They gave me something to calm my nerves before wheeling me into the surgery room. My blood pressure was really high apparently and they needed me relaxed. The last I remember was hopping from the bed to surgery table, and then I was out!

-Waking up after surgery was really fun :) I wanted to go back to sleep but also wanted to stay up and hear how it went. So I forced myself to keep my eyes open which helped me finally come out of it, kind of. "I'm like... 80% here" I said 😝


No Brace!

- I really, really thought that I would wake up with immediate pain, but none of that was apparent. It actually felt kind of good having my leg wrapped up like so (ha well probably owe it to pain meds). Dr. Vidal came by, smiling, and then said what we all want to hear, 'everything went great, and no meniscus damage"!!

-We were on our way out shortly afterwards. My style of getting into my car was very 'gymnast like' the nurse said! I really don't know why I just didn't slide in the the other side 😛



-Going up the stairs to my room once we got home was not hard at all, with actually using my leg (and handrails) to make it up with no problem. This is all going way better than I had made it out in my head to be I said to myself. 

-On a scale of 1-10 (10 is worst possible), my pain this evening was a 0. I could still move it and feel everything underneath the bandage, but it just didn't hurt. Again, I thought I was going to be so much pain. Maybe that's coming day 2 and 3, but right now it is kind of weird for me to not be feeling anything! I'll take it though!
Ice and Elevate!

Molly really, really wanting to help out

"Can I just... look at it?!"






No comments:

Post a Comment