Friday, March 17, 2017

Day 2- 3/16

Pain in the morning: 0
Pain in the evening: 0

Again, another painless day! 😃

Took off the ace bandage wraps today to take a peak for the first time at my knee. It looked better than I had expected- for some reason I thought there would be bruising, but there was none. It was odd not being able to feel, let alone see my kneecap because of the swelling. Keep icing and keep elevating!

Day 2 Post Op


Puppies wanting to come say hi.. and jump up on my knee :P 

Added an extra pillow afterwards to elevate it over my heart

Going up and down stairs is getting easier each time. I even tried a few step ups with my left leg first, then followed by the right. Although one movement I cannot do yet is a single leg raise. I try, and mentally I am telling my leg to raise, but it's as if the message is not reaching my leg. Sometimes it feels like it does though, and I feel my quad twitch a little as if to say "I'm trying, I'm trying!". I tried a few calf raises on the stairs, as well as 'pulling' with my toes on the carpet, if that makes any sense 😋 

Currently just taking Naproxen every 5-6 hours, and a few of those times I even wondered if I needed to. But I remembered reading about how you need to stay ahead of the pain, instead of waiting till after you feel the pain to take it.

I'm very very happy with my mindset now as well. I don't really think about skiing, hiking, or mountains in general. 100% focus on rehabbing my knee and also a lot more focus on my classes. It is unfortunate I won't be able ski any of that amazing spring corn this season. I definitely was down and devastated for a few days when I initially found out about my ACL, but over just a few short weeks, my mindset took a complete 180. It was hard at first, as change always is. But once I shifted my mindset and perspective of this experience, it isn't too bad afterall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment