Thursday, March 16, 2017

Day 1, 3/15

Pain in the morning: 0
Pain in the evening: 2

-First day post op went alot better than I had thought it to be... again. I guess I really made it out to be alot worse in my head..! Still, maybe the worst is coming, and I shouldn't alter my expectations just quite yet.. But I'll take this for now. 😃

-Up and down stairs was not a problem- going down I was even able to put a little weight on it and act like it was a 'normal' step down. Can't step up going back up though, so my right leg just leads and then is followed with by my left.

-Haven't taken any narcotics, although I do have them by my bed here just in case. Naproxen has been my friend though. I colored the Oxycodone red (as in, don't take!), and Naproxen green (as in take these!), as to not get them mixed up. I call my Naproxen tablets my 'green pills'. 😅

-Spent half of my day in my room and the other half down stairs on the couch. But either place, I had my leg elevated and ice near by.

The white compression sock on my right leg felt so good! 

-Later in the evening, my quad muscle would twitch, along with a few other muscles. My poor leg is trying to figure out what is wrong and how to re-wire everything! I also have found myself dozing off but then 'jump' back awake, which would make some muscles around my knee twitch/move without me even trying. Luckily these twitches were not painful at all.

-Pain crept in later today, I'd say around 9pm. Deep, aching pain it felt like, with an occasional sting here and there. Sometimes those stings were really intense and would stay for a good 10 seconds or so. Applying ice here helped tremendously for pain management.

No comments:

Post a Comment