Sunday, March 19, 2017

Day 5

I read a few blogs that had their pain scale logged each day, much like I was doing, which helped me expect how much pain I might be feeling on what days post op, etc. However I've had 0 pain, which seems to be the case most days so I'll hold off on that. You can just expect a 0 each day! If I do, I'll mention it below.

But man what a difference a day can make. Today was much better, both mentally and physically. Writing gives me a chance to put my thoughts into words, and it helps me to write about both the ups and downs.

Woke up feeling great, swelling was down so staying in yesterday was a good idea. I was able to get out and about in the morning. Being around people, seeing my sister at the coffee shop she works at, going out for lunch... this was what my mind needed after being cooped up all day yesterday!

I had felt this a little before, but today it was especially noticeable. Each time I would stand up (either from sitting or laying) and stand upright, for the first few minutes, I could really feel the blood and such rush down my leg and to my knee. It wasn't panful, it just felt like alot of pressure.. like a water balloon so the say! I'm assuming this is because the swelling was down, so the blood was able to make it's way into new places.

Yesterday I'd say I really couldn't get around without my crutches, had some slight pain in the morning, it was still swollen so didn't do many exercises, and basically felt a little helpless. But today, the opposite of everything listed is true, hence why I mentioned how crazy a single day can make. I relied on my crutches, oh, just 50% of the time, and occasionally walked a few short distances without them. Swelling is down, and was able to do my exercises working on ROM (range of motion). So super excited to see progress..!

Passive towel bends, ROM 5 days post op


Active (no towel) bends, ROM 5 days post op



No comments:

Post a Comment